Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Tax Season #17

Our first tax season together.... The spring of 1989.... I remember it well......

After our first date, we sat in the car talking for hours. We already felt that spark of attraction. He said to me, "It is tax season and I probably won't be able to see you very much". We spent every tax day together after that memorable night. It began in February, we were engaged in July, and married in December. It was a whirlwind romance. It was a God thing..... God's plan, God's timing, God's blessing.

Yes, my husband is a CPA. Certified Public Accountant. Okay, stop right there! You are thinking about the stereo typical CPA and all the nerd references. I do find many of them quite amusing, but my husband doesn't fit into that mold. He is an athletic, sexy, sweet, witty, and of course a very intelligent CPA. No glasses, pocket pen protectors, high wasted pants, and weird hair doos.

Did I miss anything, honey?

So, we are starting our seventeenth tax season. Tax season requires my husband to work late every night, Saturdays, and Sunday's at home. After the first tax season, I found them to be very boring. We were newlyweds and I can remember laying around watching television waiting for my new husband to get home from the office.

The childbearing years were more difficult because I longed for my husband to be home to help with the boys. Toddler boys are very active.

When we moved to Central Texas, tax season became entwined with baseball season so things got a little more hectic. But you see, in my husband's eyes there is always time for baseball, the workpapers can wait. So all his spare time, which wasn't much, is spent on the baseball field coaching the boys. This is great because all three of us can spend a little bit more time with him.

Now, tax season doesn't seem so bad! Easy for me to say, right? I don't have to spend endless hours pouring over numbers! Yikes! I could absolutely never do that job or do my own tax return! I can't even balance the checkbook. The boys are older, more independent, easier to manage. Baseball keeps us busy. February through April 15th flies by.

So the count down begins: 67 days until my favorite holiday! A day we celebrate in our house every year! We have survived sixteen, we can survive sixteen more!

Right, honey?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Do ya'll go watch the Round Rock Express play? I love watching live baseball, not so fond of it on tv though.

Peg said...

This looks different.... we have season tickets, we love it! It is a great stadium!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh Peg, I'm so glad it's almost over for you and dh!! What a cute story!!! :D